An educational institution’s values have long played an essential role in helping shape its identity. Nevertheless, today’s challenges have compelled institutions to reevaluate their operating philosophies and shared principles. When values are recognized and acted upon, institutions can run effectively.
Institutions with strong cultures outperform their peers in terms of academics, co-curricular and extracurricular activities because everyone is focused on what must be done and how it should be done. Each institution has a set of core values that they follow. These values are what guide everyone in the direction of success. Schools usually imbibe values such as honesty, discipline, brotherhood and more. When a student follows positive values and respects them over a period, they begin to get recognized for those qualities. Let us look at guides the core values of New Horizon Educational Institution:
- Creating Goals: Humans are motivated by their dreams. Having a goal is very important for a person to flourish in life. Short-term or long-term goals allow us to wake up every day and hope for a better tomorrow. Our students are repeatedly encouraged to follow their calling, irrespective of what that may be. Since our institution is driven by a common goal that is being in ‘pursuit of excellence’ we have been able to take virtual classrooms to a different level. Our students are equally engaged and interested as our teachers. They find creative methods to keep in touch and retain interactive lectures. Our first step is to create baseline data, develop classroom connections, and arrange our scope and sequence to fit the requirements of the children in our classrooms.
- Setting Targets: Each step of our journey is defined by a target. Our expectations tend to rise when things are going well or getting more accessible, and we are more likely to raise the bar and eventually change the objective. Setting targets for ourselves and progressing towards them ensures growth in the system and allows a smooth, hassle-free transition on an individual level. New Horizon International School aims to build classroom connections and norms, which encourages teachers by sending direct messages and congratulating them on positive steps. Relationship building will not alter their accomplishment; instead, we will continue to focus on it as we move forward with the curriculum. NHIS targets at educational and employee satisfaction.
- Appreciation: a few kind words can change a soul. We at New Horizon believe that appreciation is the key to best results. We aim at churning out confident and smart students who are able to take on the world by storm. Students must be encouraged, motivated and most importantly appreciated for their little achievements. That is what will help them maintain a direction.
- Compassion: We live in a world that witnesses misery, power, starvation, success and homelessness altogether. Some of us are privileged enough to have a home, education and food on the table. New Horizon recognizes the need for those in power to step up and pull up those that are unfortunately less privileged. We encourage our students to take part in giving, being sympathetic and regard the sufferings of others. New Horizon International School also believes that every student, regardless of their circumstances, has the inherent ability to fulfil their goals and thrive in the classroom, as well as in life. We are adamant on looking at every student with not what they lack but what they may achieve.
- Inclusion: New Horizon has long been a melting pot of every culture. Our institutions have seen people from across the world studying together and taking part in activities joyfully. We truly stress being a space where there is no discrimination, hate or violence towards others. We believe in having respect for everyone around us and impart the same knowledge among our students. New Horizon is proud of its diverse nature.
- Excellence: New Horizon’s very motto is ‘pursuit in excellence’ we strive for nothing but the best in every field. We make sure our efforts are made and matched. Our students are provided with every opportunity. We open doors for them and make sure they are trained and mentored by only the best in the game. Our students and management are driven on achieving the unachievable. We, over the course of 50 decades, have created records and set bars for ourselves to break. We expect nothing but the best!
The brand of an institution is recognized by a student’s way of conduct. Being able to instil certain positive traits in the form of values, successfully, is what sets one school apart from the other. When constructing a future for change, institutions rely on these strong statements of conviction to guide their decisions. The term “institutional values” can refer to a wide range of concepts. We follow these pointers to guide our core values!